Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekly Recipe Round Up!

So... I've been cooking.  A Lot.  Instead of doing a recipe review of each and every recipe I make, I've decided to just do a once a week (ish) post on the delicious fare I've been whipping up in the kitchen. 

Tex-Mex Stuffed Shells
Skillet Lasagna
Zucchini-Feta Pie
Smoke-Roasted Stuffed Bell Peppers
Spinach and White Bean Stew
Scallops Over Orzo With Spinach

I've made all these recipes in the past few weeks.  I've been able to modify each one (except the Scallops!  those were for Valentine's day!) to be Weight Watchers friendly. (i.e. 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey Breast instead of Ground Beef, etc.)  I've been trying out all sorts of new things in the kitchen- even my food processor!!  I'm really getting the hang of meal planning- I'm trying to make recipes that are multiple servings, so I have a healthy, portioned lunch to take to work with me.

You'll notice so far, most of my recommended recipes are from The Well-Fed Newlyweds or Smitten Kitchen, and that's because I'm currently obsessed with both.  They have a large variation of recipes to choose from, vegetarian options, and are really fun to read.

Tonight's weigh in- wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment