Friday, February 11, 2011

5 Down, 15 To Go

I did it!!!  I reached my first goal of 5 lbs lost.  I've been setting small goals- 5 lbs at a time- so the whole thing doesn't seem too intimidating.  Losing 5 lbs might seem like a trivial thing, but it makes a huge difference.  I find already that my clothes fit a little better, I feel more confident in everyday situations, and I am motivated to keep going.

I even had lasagna the other night.  With a cannoli for dessert.  And I lost 1.8 lbs this week!  How awesome is that.  You might be saying to yourself... sure, but without the cannoli or the lasagna you might have lost more... but why would I want to pass that up?  I'm trying to lose weight WITHOUT depriving myself of the things I love.

That's why, while continuing to lose weight, I plan on:
-Drinking wine and beer (good beer, not that light crap)
-Eating pasta and pizza
-Having the occasional dessert
-Going out to dinner

Why?  Because I love these things.  And if you take away things you love, you're bound to fall off the wagon with a resounding THUD.  I can eat pizza while losing weight because I know tomorrow I can eat a salad for lunch.  I know that eating pizza won't ruin my whole week, as long as I'm not eating pizza every day.  Moderation is the key to success.  Don't deprive yourself, and don't punish yourself.  If you mess up, don't starve yourself the next day, just eat some fruit and veggies, along with well balanced meals.

My favorite tip from this past Weight Watchers meeting:  If you're "hungry" but all you want to eat is sweets or salty snacks... you're probably not REALLY hungry.  You're probably just bored.  If you're hungry and fruits or vegetables sound GOOD- go ahead!

Week 4: -1.8!!!
Total: -5.4

2 comments:

  1. I know I've said it before, but I really do love and admire your mentality. You are doing great! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thanks Jenn! It helps to have friends like you there for me!

    ReplyDelete