Friday, February 18, 2011

A Glorious Day

Today- I felt like this when I got up and looked outside:


Actually, I felt like this BEFORE I looked outside.  It's just been a great morning.  I don't know exactly why- it just seems like good things are not only coming, but they're already here.  I read a blog post over on The Grateful Sparrow about making a list of five things you're grateful for every day.  Now, I might not physically make a list everyday- but I think it's a wonderful idea.

Today I am grateful for:
1. Wonderful weather!  We have a spring thaw here, and it is 60º out!!  Paired with the sun, it's practically a miracle here in Cleveland.
2. Support system- I have the greatest boyfriend, my wonderful family, his wonderful family, the best friends and the cutest niece in the world who are always there for me.
3. The best dog!  Sure- he's dumb sometimes (all the time) but it's just the greatest to have a dog that's all mine.
4. A job that I love- not ALL the time, but no one loves their job ALL the time.  I plan on being here long term, and couldn't be happier about it.
5. A roof over my head- not just a roof, but a well built, sturdy, beautiful roof.  I'm so proud of my house, and everything I've done to it ever since living there.

These are things that I am grateful for not just today, but every day.  (Well, except for the weather- although I know that good weather will come eventually)  It's easy to be grateful when things are looking up- but I'm going to try and do this for myself everyday- even when I'm going through a rough patch.  But what a GREAT day to start!!!

Cleveland, I love you.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your list & LOVE that video! I want her energy!! :) Thank you so very much for your sweet email. It means SO much to me to know I'm not just rambling off into the internet ether, but that people like you are reading & getting inspired - that inspires me right back. Anytime you want to comment or email me with a gratitude list, feel free; I'll be your grat buddy. xoxo
    nikki

    ReplyDelete