I knew it would happen at some point that I'd step on the scale and instead of going down, it'd go up. That happened last night at weigh-in. My first reaction- this isn't the same scale I usually weigh in on! I felt like begging to weigh in on the "right" scale. Could that have been the problem?
My second reaction- where's the nearest McDonald's? Why don't I have any girl scout cookies in the car!? Lets just say it was a really good thing I stayed for the meeting.
The theme of last night's meeting- ways to get back on track. It's like they read my mind. Looking back on the week, I ate well, but could have been a little more careful. Instead of exercising, I watched a lot of TV. Tips I picked up this week:
- There's no such thing as failure- only feedback. Learn from your mistakes people! Don't let a small gain (or even a large one) be the reason to shove bad food in your pie hole. Don't let your discouragement get the best of you.
- Look at your past accomplishments and failures. What worked and what didn't? There's a reason you're back at Weight Watchers for the 3rd time- change your outlook, change your body, change your life! Don't settle into old habits!
- Have realistic expectations and goals! Will I lose 20 lbs in a week? or a month? NO! Losing weight slowly might be frustrating- but you're setting up life long habits, and it's much better for your health.
- Eat food that doesn't make you feel deprived. If you really want McDonald's, have a small burger OR fries, but don't do it on a regular basis.
- Don't view your weight losses as "lucky" things that happened to you- they happen because YOU are making this program work. It's not luck- it's your willpower and strength.
- Reward your self in positive, non-food ways. At milestones, I like to pick up a new kitchen gadget that will encourage me to cook more and stay on track.
By the end of the meeting, I felt renewed and ready to go. I ended up cooking myself a delicious turkey burger with avocado and grilled brussels sprouts for dinner last night- healthy and satisfying. I had two (only two!!!!) Girl Scout cookies for dessert and felt really great.
Hopefully next week will be back to losing!
Week 10: +.2