Friday, March 25, 2011

A Minor Setback

I knew it would happen at some point that I'd step on the scale and instead of going down, it'd go up.  That happened last night at weigh-in.  My first reaction- this isn't the same scale I usually weigh in on!  I felt like begging to weigh in on the "right" scale.  Could that have been the problem? 

My second reaction- where's the nearest McDonald's?  Why don't I have any girl scout cookies in the car!?  Lets just say it was a really good thing I stayed for the meeting.

The theme of last night's meeting- ways to get back on track.  It's like they read my mind.  Looking back on the week, I ate well, but could have been a little more careful.  Instead of exercising, I watched a lot of TV.  Tips I picked up this week:

- There's no such thing as failure- only feedback.  Learn from your mistakes people!  Don't let a small gain (or even a large one) be the reason to shove bad food in your pie hole.  Don't let your discouragement get the best of you.

-  Look at your past accomplishments and failures.  What worked and what didn't?  There's a reason you're back at Weight Watchers for the 3rd time- change your outlook, change your body, change your life!  Don't settle into old habits!

-  Have realistic expectations and goals!  Will I lose 20 lbs in a week? or a month?  NO!  Losing weight slowly might be frustrating- but you're setting up life long habits, and it's much better for your health.

-  Eat food that doesn't make you feel deprived.  If you really want McDonald's, have a small burger OR fries, but don't do it on a regular basis.

-  Don't view your weight losses as "lucky" things that happened to you- they happen because YOU are making this program work.  It's not luck- it's your willpower and strength.

-  Reward your self in positive, non-food ways.  At milestones, I like to pick up a new kitchen gadget that will encourage me to cook more and stay on track.

By the end of the meeting, I felt renewed and ready to go.  I ended up cooking myself a delicious turkey burger with avocado and grilled brussels sprouts for dinner last night- healthy and satisfying.  I had two (only two!!!!) Girl Scout cookies for dessert and felt really great.

Hopefully next week will be back to losing!

Week 10: +.2
Total: -10.8

No comments:

Post a Comment