Friday, March 18, 2011

Another Pleasant Surprise

I'll be honest, stepping on the scale on St. Patrick's Day wasn't something I was really looking forward to.  I thought (again) that for sure, I'd be gaining this week.  However, I managed to lose another .8 lbs!  Maybe I should stop being so negative in my head about my own progress.  I'm usually able to see the positive in most things... but for some reason, I've never been able to look at my own weight loss in a positive light. After the fact it's easy, when I know I've lost weight; but prior to meetings, I'm always fraught with feelings of insecurity and certain doom.

This week I'd like to focus on non-scale victories.  I didn't go to the meeting this week, so this can be my make-up homework.

My pants are looser, my face looks less full and I've become a whiz in the kitchen.  I'm allowing myself to have a good time when I'm out with friends, and am developing something called "Self-Control" when it comes to eating.  Ten pounds also seems to be when people really start to notice you're losing weight... a compliment here and there feels good too.

Week 9: -.8
Total: -11.0

No comments:

Post a Comment