|yes, those are my actual guns|
That being said: my reassessment was awesome. I went in yesterday evening to get weighed and measured. I was really nervous, because I knew my weight hadn't gone down drastically- I had a goal to lose 13-15 lbs in this 12 week period, and I only lost 3. However, everything else was significant. Let me just lay them out for you:
From November 23, 2011 to March 26, 2012 (5 months):
- My blood pressure went from 130/75 to 100/65
- I was always under the impression I had really good blood pressure, but in fact it was a little higher than I'd like to start with. My blood pressure now? AMAZING.
- My resting heart rate went from 78 to 60.
- This means my heart is beating 25,920 times fewer per DAY. 9,460,800 beats fewer per YEAR. My heart isn't working as hard, which adds years to my life.
- My resting flexibility increased by 3 inches, which means my muscles are a little looser and more flexible during the day.
- I lost .75" from my neck; 2.5" from my shoulders; .5" from my biceps; .5" from my chest; 2" from my waist; .25" from my thighs and calves.
- The force generated from my core went from 106.5 lbs to 170 lbs.
- My upper body muscular endurance went from lifting 35 lbs 35 reps to 70 reps.
- My lower body muscular endurance went from lifting 85 lbs 50 reps to 93 reps.
- These numbers mean that I've gotten almost twice as strong as I was in November. And I thought I was fit then!!!
I'd highly encourage anyone who is interested in getting healthy to not only keep a journal of their food, but make some measurements and periodically reevaluate yourself. Progress isn't just about the scale, it's about your whole body composition. You might just surprise yourself- I know I did!