Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Good Start To The End Of The Year

She's a beaut, ain't she?
A few weeks back (pre-Thanksgiving) I made a list of guidelines to help get me through the holiday season.  Now- I haven't followed them to a T- but I have kept the list in mind the past few weeks, and it's really helped.  I've gotten in some extra workouts- trying out new classes and new exercises to keep myself entertained; stuck to eating homemade and healthy whenever possible; and continuing to keep myself hydrated.  It's been a rollercoaster on the scale, but I've managed to get back down to my pre-Thanksgiving weight almost every week.  Now, keep in mind, this is pre-Christmas now- deep territory.  Christmas eating won't just be one night or day- it'll be a whirlwind of four (yes, FOUR!) large Christmas dinners followed directly by TallBoy's birthday.

Before Thanksgiving, I was really nervous.  I guess this is the first year I've made a consious effort to try and maintain my weight through the holidays, instead of just throwing caution to the wind and passing out in the stuffing like usual.  It felt weird being nervous about eating before Thanksgiving- it was the wrong thing to be feeling before such a great day.  For Christmas, I feel like I can go in and make it about family and friends, and not just about the food.  I did it at Thanksgiving, and I can do it again.  I know this is a longer string of meals, but I have faith in myself for the next week. 

I'm going to make my official year-end weigh in day on January 12, 2012.  That'll be almost exactly a year from the day I started this blog with my first weigh-in.  Hopefully by then I'll have managed to be back to my pre-Christmas weight!

This week: -2.0 lbs
Total: -11.4 lbs

I'll be back after Christmas- most likely for next week's weigh in! 

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment