Friday, December 16, 2011

Weekend in NYC

TallBoy and I got each other a trip to New York for Christmas!  We went last weekend and had a blast.  I had really prepared myself to walk a ton and eat healthy, and the former was accomplished.  I just have such a hard time being good when I'm not at home.  It's something I really need to work on.  I got to see one of my best friends from my time in DC, spend copious amounts of time with TallBoy's sister and her husband, and even got new glasses!

That being said, it didn't make for a great weigh in this week.  I was hoping the hours and hours of walking we did would offset the burgers and pizza and beer (and I'm sure it probably did to some extent)- but I'm still up this week.  I didn't log last week either, since we were leaving for NYC and I didn't want to do a blog post at 4 am- so here's how it went:

Last week: -.6
Total:  -11.4


This week: +2.0 lbs
Total: -9.4

So... up and down.  Unfortunately more up than down.  I have a few holiday festivities, but I will be able to clock some gym time and eat most of my meals at home, so I think I can hopefully shed some of that gain this week.  It's HARD getting through the holidays when you're really concerned about gaining... especially since you don't want to bring everyone down with the whole, "oh, I'm trying to watch what I eat" thing.  That being said, I also don't want to start over again on January 1.  Will power!  I need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment