Thursday, November 10, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins The Race

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?
For the first week since starting with LoseIt- I finally reached my weekly goal of a pound and a half.  Things seemed to really click this week- food decisions, will power, exercise, the whole thing.  I'm feeling good and focusing on smaller goals.  My current challenge- get to -12 lbs.  Last week I was at -8.2, and this week I'm proud to have lost another 1.6 lbs.

On Tuesday I forgot my gym shoes- so what did I do?  I went home and walked the dog and worked out there, instead of just tossing my workout day.  Go me!

TallBoy and I are planning a December trip to NYC- so I know I'll have some additional food/willpower related hurdles coming up soon.  I plan to maximize our walking on that trip to offset the additional calories I'll be taking on.  I'm also planning on watching Elf the week before to really get into the holiday mood.  I'm really excited for the holidays this year- this will be the first year TallBoy and I will spend EVERY holiday together, from Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Years.  I'll be posting some Thanksgiving recipes soon- keep an eye out!

What are your biggest holiday hurdles?  How do you plan on preparing and dealing with them?

And no- I have not come up with a non-food related reward for reaching my ultimate goal- I'm having trouble with that for some reason.  Suggestions?

This week: -1.6
Total: -9.8

No comments:

Post a Comment