Monday, November 14, 2011

Recipe Round Up- Thanksgiving Themed!

*Editor's note- some of these recipes are healthy.  Some are NOT.  But, in an effort to stay seasonal and give some recommendations that will earn you a head seat at the Thanksgiving table, I had to throw in some butter laden recipes.  And you wonder why I'm having trouble losing weight.*

Acorn Squash Lasagna
Acorn Squash Lasagna- Oh Martha Stewart.  You get me.  You really do.  Not only do you love all things Halloween, but you make the best food.  I thought I'd die my house smelled so good last night.  Let me entice you... fresh squash, sage, parmesan, ricotta, noodles... need I say more? Martha says this is 4 servings, I'd beg to differ- I sliced mine in 9 pieces and that seemed to do the trick.  Also, use an 8x8 baking dish, she forgot about that part too.

Quick Cheesy Bread- I say quick, because you don't have to let it rise, or any of that 'bread' nonsense.  This bread will make you a hero though.  I'm serious.  I think it's best cut into small slices and served as an appetizer, probably with some vegetables so people don't have a heart attack immediately.  Or, serve it with tomato soup.  That sounds good too.

Cheesy Bread left, Beer Bread right
Beer Bread- I've made this a few times now- always to bring somewhere, and never to eat alone, because otherwise I might only fit into sweatpants.  This is super easy, but whatever you do, DO NOT use a hoppy beer.  It's gross, trust me.  Use something on the lighter side- I've used Bud Light and Pumpkin Ale successfully, and I think the Pumpkin Ale won.  Best breakfast ever- a thick slice of this topped with an egg over easy.  You'll probably think you've died and gone to heaven, but you haven't, so don't do anything stupid.

Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese- This one is actually pretty good for you.  I love it when you can successfully sneak veggies into something notorious for it's unhealthiness.  It'd make a great side at Thanksgiving, and no one would suspect you've really cut calories in this dish.  I served this with chicken sausage baked in, and it made a great main course for dinner.  Plus days of leftovers.  Yum!  Also- how great of an idea is THIS!?  Individually portioned mac and cheese!? GENIUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment