Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pita Pizza

This was so good, it deserves it's own entry.  Super easy, healthy (if you use the right ingredents sparingly), and SO FREAKIN' TASTY.  Thanks again to Jenn for the pitas, and the idea.

This clearly has been done before, but it just turned out so much better than I had hoped, and took all of 15 minutes.

Ingredients:
1 large whole wheat pita
1 tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Pizza Sauce (I like Heinen's brand- it has whole ingredients like tomatoes and garlic, plus it's cheap and delicious)
3/8 C Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided into 1/4 and 1/8 C
Toppings!  I used Baby Bellas, Turkey Pepperoni, Red Onions, Basil, Oregano and S&P.

Assembly is a piece of cake- brush the edges of one side of your pita with olive oil and spread around the sauce.  Take your 1/4 C of cheese and sprinkle liberally.  Toss on your toppings, then sprinkle the remaining cheese.  Slide it into the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350º, or until the cheese is browning and bubbly.

Tastes like a thin crust pizza,  plus it satisfies that pizza craving without sacrificing your whole day for 2 slices of regular pizza.  I made mine for about 10 Points Plus Points.  That's confusing to say.  Anyways, I made two, and I'm having the second one for lunch today.  I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment