Monday, January 7, 2013

Starting the Year Off Right

Last trip to NYC
We're a week into January, 2013.  I'm feeling great- we're progressing really well on wedding planning, (I got THE dress this weekend!!!), I've been eating well and have cut way back on the booze front.  I'm working up to my first real challenge of the year- a weekend trip to NYC.  Last year and this year TallBoy have gotten each other the same gift- a weekend getaway to New York.  This year we're really excited to meet his brand new niece (the big reason we're going); but we're also looking forward to seeing the sights and taking in some nostalgia for him.  TallBoy used to live there, so we go and visit all his old haunts and eat at his favorite places.  It's always a good time, but even with all the walking we do, I never offset the amount of food I take in.  Every single trip I take, it's hard for me to get over the 'vacation' mentality- that I can eat whatever and drink whatever I want because I'm on vacation.  I've been mentally prepping for this trip for a week now.  I know what I want to do- splurge on one or two meals, but don't let every meal be an indulgence.  Have a few drinks but don't go overboard.  Moderation, moderation, moderation.  I don't expect to lose weight this weekend, but I do hope I can at least stay somewhat on track and maybe maintain?  I'm aware that it's just three days, but you can really do a lot of damage over the course of three days.  I have my first session of my Wellness Tracks Masters Class on Wednesday, so I'm hoping that will give me some inspiration to stay on track for the weekend.  Plus, I've got this whole week to really be GOOD to myself.  Here's to facing and defeating hurdles!

No comments:

Post a Comment