Thursday, January 17, 2013

Making It Work

Why yes, we did visit Chuck Bass' hotel while in NYC
Thursdays are my 'weigh-in' day- I'm still doing Weight Watchers, but I think for right now I'm going to do my weigh ins at home.  It's more consistent (same day, same time, wearing the same thing) and I can almost never skip it, because it is maybe once a year that I'm not actually home on a Thursday morning.  TallBoy can almost always tell how it went by my mood on Thursday mornings- if I'm grumpy, that means I gained, and if I'm jumping around super excited, that means I lost.  This morning, he assumed I lost, because I was, in fact, jumping around, super excited.  However- that was not the case- I neither lost nor gained- but it's a big milestone for me.  I don't think I've EVER traveled and not gained weight.  Usually I travel, eat like crazy, then I'll either take another 3-4 weeks to lose what I put on during a small trip (because I come back with that vacation mentality for another few weeks), or I'll just stop following my plan.  It's alarming how many times just going on vacation has not only knocked me off the wagon, but I'll convince myself that it's not even worth getting back on.  Now- on this trip to New York- I ate some pizza, drank some beer, and even had brunch.  But my breakfasts and lunches?  Healthy!  My evenings may have consisted of pizza, reubens and beer, but it wasn't four slices, it was two.  It wasn't a whole Reuben, it was half of one, with a side of soup.  I feel like I actually got the hang of it this weekend.  I won't lie- part of me was too afraid to show my food journal to the nutritionist at my wellness class so I was kind of intimidated into eating healthy- but still, I did it.  Somewhat.  Either way, I went to New York, ate some stuff I wanted to eat, had a great time, and Didn't. Gain. Weight.  That's huge for me.  I even got back on plan Sunday night.  TallBoy was helpful- one time we were eating hot dogs at Crif Dogs and I told TallBoy at least 3 times that I wanted french fries too.  He told me, 'you said to help you.' I replied, yes, but I WANT FRENCH FRIES.  He said I'd be happier if I didn't have them, and that I'd regret it if I did.  He was right, and I didn't get french fries.

Anyways, I guess I'm just writing all this to say that even though I didn't lose this week, I kept off the 4 pounds I lost last week, and that's big time.  That's making it work.

This week: -0.0 lbs
Total 2013: -4.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment