Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Checking In On New Year's Resolutions

My tubby puppy
The first blog post I did this year was about my goals for the year.  Then the other day I realized I should probably check on those more than just once a year.  So I figured we're about a quarter of the way through, let's have a progress report.  Here are my goals and how I'm doing so far:

  • Keep tracking food, as much as possible.
    • Check!  I've been relentlessly tracking my food on LoseIt.  It's probably the most useful weight loss tool I've used, and that includes Weight Watchers.  Not only that, but I've been really mindful about what kind of carbohydrates I'm eating and using the app to keep my proteins/carbs/fats in check.
  • Keep going to the gym- learn more about strength training.
    • Check!  I've gotten into some classes that I really enjoy- and my Wellness Tracks program has taught me how to use weights.  It's a winning combination.  Next up would be to try some power/weight classes.
  • Keep working on the blog.
    • Um, check?  Actually I haven't been doing as many posts as I'd like, but I'm working on it!
  • Lose another 10 lbs and keep it off! 
    • On my way!
  • Start and keep track of a budget- put money in SAVINGS!
    • Check and check!  This is something I'm REALLY proud of this year.  I'm actively saving and really mindful when I'm shopping.
  • Cut down on drinking.
    • Check and check.  My tolerance is about non existent now... but it's nice because my willpower is so much better.  I can enjoy one glass of wine instead of polishing off half the bottle.
  • Floss everyday!
    • Um... not really.  I know, gross.  But I did get an electric toothbrush and I know my dental health has improved.  But this is something I really need to work on.
  • Keep the house neater.
    • Again- BOOM! CHECK!  Spring cleaning has commenced.  The house is looking good, and staying neat.  It took a few months to get this down, but so far, so good.
  • Give Buster less table scraps
    • Um.......................  He's looking a little fat.  I keep telling everyone it's just his 'winter coat' but he's got a bit of a tummy.  We have started only letting him lick one plate after dinner instead of both, and I've been walking him around the block now that the weather is nice.  This is another one I have to work on a little more.

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to take a mid-goal assessment of your progress. And it looks like you are REALLY doing great!

    ReplyDelete