Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!

NYE Headgear!
We had to rip his hat so it'd fit on his huge melon.
...And just like that, it's 2012.  That's insane.  2012 means that I've been out of high school for TEN years.  I actually had a dream last night that I was at my ten year high school reunion, and I was wearing pajamas for some reason.  Maybe I'll actually do that, who knows.  2012 (I keep typing 2010, btw) is officially going to be the year of continuing good habits.  I really learned a lot in 2011, and plan on building more on that foundation.  For the majority of last year, I tracked my food and exercise either on Weight Watchers or LoseIt.  I joined a gym and have actually been going on a regular basis.  I have eaten less meat and focused on eating whole foods.  My yearly weigh in isn't until next Thursday, but it seems like I'll have lost around 10 lbs since last January.  I have found that losing weight more slowly has really helped nail in good habits- even when I fall off the wagon, it's much easier to get back down to the weight I was at, and the gains aren't as drastic.

I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve- TallBoy and I stayed in, drank champagne, ate scallops, watched Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, cuddled with Buster and generally had a wonderful time.  It was probably my favorite New Year's ever- just relaxing and calm.  Oh, and we lit sparklers on the driveway.  We also worked on our resolution lists- mine looks like this:

  • Keep tracking food, as much as possible.
  • Keep going to the gym- learn more about strength training.
  • Keep working on the blog.
  • Lose another 10 lbs and keep it off!
  • Start and keep track of a budget- put money in SAVINGS!
  • Cut down on drinking.
  • Floss everyday!
  • Keep the house neater.
  • Give Buster less table scraps
I know this list is long, but I think it's doable.  I've set up my monthly budget already, and it seems like a natural extension of food logging- just another place to put numbers.  It makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm excited to not mindlessly spend money.  I can't even tell you how many times I hit up Marshall's or TJ Maxx last year because I was bored- it was like my bored eating became bored shopping.  I'm hoping to channel that 'bored' energy into something better this year- like working out or reading or cleaning.

Here's to a productive 2012- what are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment