Thursday, April 5, 2012

I've Lost a Buster!

15.6 lbs of pure joy
First things first: I didn't lose Buster.  He's fine and dandy, probably sleeping a sunbeam at home right now.  Or looking out the window.  Or doing other dog things.  In other words, safe and sound.

What I mean, is that my total weight loss is currently equal to what Buster weighs.  And that's awesome, because he is one fat puppy.

We had our Wellness Tracks graduation last night, and I was honored with special recognition for doing really well in the program.  Needless to say, I'm really proud of myself.  Plus, I got a $25 gift card to Heinen's, my favorite grocery store.  The class as a whole did amazingly though: Overall we lost something like 300 lbs, and 132 inches.  A few people said that they have been taken off of cholesterol and blood pressure medication- one lady has even lost 70 lbs over the past year, and has gone through the class twice.  I think everyone left last night feeling inspired and ready to stay on track with being healthy.  I know I am.

One thing I know I need to work on: positivity.  TallBoy told me last night that I need to be as happy about a loss as I am sad about a gain- that sounds weird, but I know that when I'm down about a loss, I treat it like a much bigger deal then when I have a really good week and lose.  So today, I'm celebrating a loss!  Not only did I take off what I gained last week, but I'm down even more than that. 

Cheers to the weekend!  Happy Easter!

This Week: -2.4 lbs
This Year: -6 lbs
Total: -15.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment