Thursday, April 26, 2012

Eating Your Feelings

Woof.  The last two weeks have been rough to say the least.  To fill you in on what's going on- my grandfather had a kidney removed on Tuesday to try and squash some cancer he had growing on it- bad news is, they weren't able to get all of the cancer.  SO.  I've been back and forth to the hospital, no time to cook, no time to blog.  Life has equaled work/hospital/family stuff, and that's about it.  Emotionally, it's been really hard for me and my family- dealing with everything that comes with bad news.  Not only is he close to me as a relative, but he's also the founder of the company I work for.  My sister and I are his only grandchildren.  This news has been devastating.

I've spent a few evenings at home on the couch with TallBoy, a pint of Ben and Jerry's, Buster, and a bottle of wine.  Coping.  It's hard to see anyone you love be in pain and not be able to do anything about it.  So I've been skipping the gym, and eating a lot.  I know it's bad for me, it makes me feel worse and not better- and somehow I can't stop.  I'm going to squeeze in a class at the gym tonight- I think it'll help me take my mind off of things for an hour, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm up a little again this week, but I'm going to try coping with some new workouts if I can fit them in, and not with food.  Although I can guarantee I'll have at least one scoop of ice cream this weekend.

This week: +.4 lbs
This year: -4.6 lbs
Total: -14.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment