Monday, May 14, 2012

The Past Few Weeks

Hey blog- long time no see.  The past few weeks have been an unfortunate series of events, starting with my grandfather falling ill, and ending, with his death on May 6th.  These past two weeks have been filled with a lot of tears, a lot of sadness, but also joy in celebrating his life.  He was the kind of guy that got knocked down repeatedly and got back up, time and time again.  He lived life until the very end- just six weeks ago he was in California, visiting his army buddy.  He drove out to the Grand Canyon and took a helicopter to the bottom. At 85!!  He traveled, he loved his family, he was a tough old bird.  It was his time, and he knew it.

With all of this happening, The Cleveland Dilemma has been the last thing on my mind.  I've treated my body pretty poorly the last few weeks, and I'm paying for it.  Starting today, I'll be reintroducing my body to vegetables and exercise and trying to stay away from the pizza and wine for a little bit.

My grandpa always said that Life Goes On.  So it will, for us, without him.  Grandpa- you will be missed. 

And now, back to our regularly scheduled (sort-of) posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment