Friday, May 13, 2011

Sometimes Maintaining Can Be A Win

You may have noticed I didn't weigh in last week.  It wasn't a knock on how my progress had been going; I had a death in the family and was out of the state for the funeral.  It was a sad, hard week with a lot of traveling and no control over food.  After eating McDonald's, Wendy's, Chili's and other terrible "food"; sitting in the car for 12 hours straight there and back, I knew my week back was going to be spent recovering.  Emotional trauma can and will wreak havoc on your healthy choices, but I employed some of the things I've learned over the last few months to help me along.  Yes- I was sad- but I didn't let myself go overboard.

I weighed in last night, and my loss- 0.0 lbs.  My gain- 0.0 lbs.  This week- maintaining was a victory.  I felt and knew at last night's meeting that I CAN do this- not just for right now, but for the long term- maintain good eating habits.  Every other time I've done Weight Watchers- something throws me off track- a stressful few weeks, a breakup, the event that I was losing for being over and done with.  Not this time.

This week's meeting topic was about utilizing your support system and not letting people downplay or take advantage of the fact that your are trying to live a healthier lifestyle.  If you're strong about your health and believe in it- you can make it through hard times and get back on track.  You have got to believe in yourself- and when you don't- have someone around who does.  A few cheerleaders in your corner never hurt anyone.

I'm not trying to downplay the tragedy in this post- I just know that if it was hard for me, it's been harder for other people.  We all struggle with losses and hardships in our life- it's important to reach out to your support system and ask for help. 

Week 15: -0.0 lbs
Total: -11.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment