Monday, April 25, 2011

Recipe Round Up

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken Spicy, smooth, sweet and salty... this is one tasty dish.  Makes four heaping servings, that when eaten with jasmine rice and broccoli make up a hearty filling meal.  Yes- this involves peanut butter, but not too much, so it comes out fairly low point per serving.

Silky Cauliflower Soup  A super low point soup that's creamy and delicious.  The majority of the soup is veggies- but when combined with some chicken stock and Parmesan cheese and blended, it becomes a silky cheesy treat.  Next time I make this, I will definitely blend a little more to achieve a smoother blend, but all in all, a success.  3 points+ per serving, but tastes like way more.

Breaded Zucchini Sticks   These were delicious!!!  Healthy, low point, great snack.  Kind of a pain in the butt to make, but very satisfying.  These reminded me how much I love onion rings... I'll probably use this recipe to make baked onion rings in the near future.

Baked Banana Oatmeal-  Sooooo hearty!  When I say filling... I really, really mean it.  The serving size is a quarter of the recipe, which is a giant portion of oatmeal.  I'd probably divide it into 6 portions next time.  I added a light drizzle of maple syrup on top and it was perfect.

Pina Colada Cupcakes-  I made these low point beauties for Easter, and they were a huge hit.  You substitute a can of crushed pineapple for the egg and oil in the cake mix, which makes it lower point AND delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I am certainly going to bookmark this page in case I need your help in the future.
    Thanks again!
    restaurant telephone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great, Danial! Always happy to help!

    ReplyDelete