Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Recommitting To My Goals, Part 3

Tallboy, Bubs, my niece Emaline, and me
Step Three:  Know your reasons why.

Short term: wedding.  It's even hard to admit that I'm doing this just for one day, because I know for a lot of people (including me), once that day is past, you kind of revert back to whatever it is you were before you started on this 'wedding diet.'  So, that is ONLY my short term goal for weight loss.

Long term: health.  First and foremost, I want to be healthy so I don't have to deal with all the health problems that come along with excess weight.  But there are so many other reasons, like: Love.  Love with a capital 'L.'  I'm getting married, so I want to be in shape for my Husband, and we can live a long, full life.  After a while, we'll probably have kids.  I'd like to be able to keep up with them, and teach them how to live a healthy life too.  Looks?  Sure, I'd like to look nice and feel comfortable in my skin.  Learn to love myself in the mirror, not just the 'me' in my head.  Loving yourself in the mirror is not about achieveing the perfect body, it's about loving the things that are uniquely 'you.'  I just would like to get in shape and eat healthy, so I don't have to go about this 'I need to lose 20 lbs' every few years.  It's about getting healthy now so I don't have 80 lbs to lose in 30 years.

What are your reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment