Friday, February 3, 2012

A Good Sign

Well, something in the last week shook loose.  Specifically, 1.6 lbs.  Oddly enough, I dropped a little over 2 lbs the first day after severly reducing my carbohydrate intake, and then maintained that over the course of the week, and then added an additional .4 lbs on Tuesday.  I actually scooted back my weigh in day until this morning in the hopes that I'd be able to move it back down, but to no avail.  This week was rough, but not as bad as I thought.  Friday and Saturday I felt mildly like I had the flu- much less energy, headachy, etc- but my nutritionist said anytime you make a big diet change that's bound to happen.  However, I didn't really crave carbs this week the way I thought I would.  I'm not really sure what the next step is to this, my nutritionist said to just try and keep my carb count below 100g per day.  That's good news for me, because now I can start incorporating more high carb fruit and veggies back into my diet- I really need to be getting in way more fiber than I have been this week.  Still no refined carbs, but I think that's for the best.  I think I'll try my hardest to keep those out of my diet as much as possible, since they're basically just pure sugar.  Don't get me wrong, I'll still have cookies every now and then- but I'll try and get a handle on really limiting what processed carbohydrates are entering my body. 

That being said- I ate Jimmy John's for dinner (no choice- had a family emergency) and ordered the "unwich" which is basically the stuffing of a sandwich wrapped up in lettuce.  Let me tell you WHY Jimmy John's tastes so good normally- it's all bread and mayo.  The rest of the stuff is REALLY unsatisfying.  Reason #4562302 that cooking at home is better.  My cooking is way better than "healthy" crap at restaurants.  No wonder I have trouble when it comes to dining out.

This week: -1.6 lbs
Total: -12.2 lbs

Since I reached my 12 lb goal- next up is 16 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment