Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Recipe Round Up

Raspberry and Honey
Freezer Pops!  Inspired by Endless Simmer's new feature Endless Poptails, (As well as TallBoy's mom) I went to Target and picked up some freezer pop molds.  So far I've made Greek Yogurt/Honey/Raspberry ones (1 Points+ each) and Honey/Peanut Butter/Banana/Plain Yogurt ones (3 Points+ each).  Tasty, cold and refreshing.  I haven't tried any boozy ones like over at Endless Simmer, but I can only imagine they're amazing.



Edamame Succotash- OMG YUM.  I'm not really sure what to say besides that about this recipe... it's one of the best from The Well-Fed Newlyweds, and that's really saying something.  I made a big batch on Monday, which kept me in lunches and dinners all week.  I paired it with grilled chicken and quiona, as well as a salad that had the Succotash as a topping with goat cheese, tuna and a homemade dressing that is below.  Ten thumbs up.

Pasta with Zucchini, Shrimp and Saffron- I was over at the West Side Market the other day, and stumbled upon some Saffron Pasta from Ohio City Pasta.   Unsure of what to pair it with, I did what any modern-day-gal-in-the-know would do- turned to Google.  One click later, I found this dish from the New York Times.  I omitted the saffron from the recipe since I was using Saffron Pasta to begin with.  The shrimp and zucchini paired very well with the light saffron flavor- making this an easy and light summer dish.


Buttermilk Balsalmic Salad Dressing-  a quick dressing that pairs well with most salad ingredients.  Takes about 5 minutes to throw together, and is only about 1 Points+ per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment