Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ChuckTown 2011

Shrimp and Grits, Shem Creek
1/2 Duck Club, Tattooed Moose
I haven't done a lot of posts this month... partly due to a trip I went on to Charleston, SC.  It's a place that is very near and dear to my heart, as well as my stomach.  I went to the College of Charleston, and have a few comfort type places that I can't miss out on every time I'm there.  I know this blog is about eating sensibly and healthy, but sometimes you have to indulge.  This trip was about that, almost entirely.  Thankfully, I was able to get back on track upon arriving back in the CLE, but I wanted to share some of my culinary adventures I went on while in the deep south.
Andolini's

I invested in a Duck Club from the Tattooed Moose; a Benedict Arnold from AC's Bar and Grill; pizza from Andolini's; a Shrimp BLT (which I WILL attempt to recreate this summer) from Cru Cafe; Shrimp and Grits from Shem Creek Bar and Grill; a Kickin' Chicken sandwich from Kickin' Chicken; East Bay Deli; Boulevard Diner; Five Loaves and a Lemon Blueberry Popsicle from Sugar.
Lemon Blueberry Popsicle, Sugar

There were a few places I missed out on this trip- namely Hominy Grill, Jestine's Kitchen, Ted's Butcherblock and Charleston's Cafe (formerly Bookstore Cafe).  If you're EVER in Charleston, first off, I highly recommend it, it's a wonderful city- but stop in at any of these places and you'll have an awesome meal.  Guaranteed.
Shrimp BLT, Cru Cafe

It was a great trip, but it was also great to come home.  It's tough going for more than 5 days without these two!

PS I'll also let you know what the jury says when I attend my WW meeting next week!  I've been good since I've been back...

No comments:

Post a Comment