Monday, April 29, 2013

Recommitting To My Goals, Part 1

Well, April has been a disaster.  Not really, I mean I joined a boot camp class right by work and have been going on average twice a week.  That's been great, and really hard.  The eating stuff?  It's not going great.  It's going well for about 4 days a week, and a disaster the other three days.  I need to get recommitted, now.  I'm taking this opportunity to reacquaint myself and recommit myself to my weight loss goals.  I'm going to do a five part series, each a step to help guide myself to my ultimate goal, and how I'll get there.

Today: The beginning.  Only ONE goal at a time.  

That's right.  Let's not focus on a 10 minute mile, or a 25 inch waist. (Is that possible?)  Let's just focus on my main goal here: to lose 20 lbs.  A big number, yes, but an achieveable one.  Only a few weeks ago, I was half way there!  Now I'm... almost half way there, again.  So that's my one goal for the time being: 20 lbs.  Yes, other good things will come with that.  Smaller waists, stronger body, healthier me.  But the weight- that's what I'm focused on now.

I know- it's not always just about the scale.  It's about what else comes off when the scale is staying the same.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  I know, I know, I know.  But I'm sick of plateauing.  It's been too long, and I'm growing stagnant.  Today's mission: really start thinking about how to jump start my weight loss again.

Today, I'm recommitting to my goal of 20 lbs.  I'm not going to punish myself for where I am- I'm going to celebrate that I've already achieved so much.  But I need to REFOCUS.  20 lbs, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment