Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm A Loser, Baby

...at the scale!  Two weeks in a row actually LOSING weight feels really, really good.

We got power back on Saturday afternoon, after 5 days without- power at work was not fully restored until this past Monday, which makes a full week without.  Again- nothing compared to what a lot of other people are going through, but it felt amazing to be back at home, cooking and cleaning my own stuff.  It was awesome.  Cleaning out the fridge was not, however.  My freezer was full of frozen veggies and made at home prepared meals that I had to toss, but that can be built up again.  That being said, my fridge is really clean now, and full of food that will all get eaten before it has to be tossed.

This week at the WW meeting, we talked about Power Foods- which are basically fruits/veggies/high fiber/ low fat foods that are healthy and will keep you full longer.  I even got to share with the group what the difference between farmed/ wild salmon was, as well as pastured chickens/beef/turkeys, etc.  I found it a little mind boggling that people who are teaching others to eat healthier and treat their bodies better don't even know about how eating animals that are treated better and fed better food will be healthier for US to eat.  It seems like an obvious concept to me, but it was great to be able to share the information with others.  If animals that are fed food they are not supposed to eat, and makes them sick, why would we think those animals are healthy for us to ingest?   Hopefully little steps like this will help more people start to eat better quality food.  Baby steps, am I right?

Also, I went to the dentist today, and got a clean bill of health!  There's nothing better than hearing you're doing a really good job with your dental hygiene.  I used to loathe going to the dentist, but now that I've been brushing with this electric toothbrush- going to the dentist is a very pleasant experience.  $100 seems expensive for a toothbrush, but it's less than getting one cavity filled, so it seems worth it to me.  Plus, there is a big link between the quality of your dental health and your overall health- especially heart health.  So brush up, people!

Anyways, I lost again this week!  I feel like I've been exercising some will-power lately, and it feels good.

This week: -1.6 lbs
Total:  -5.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment