Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weird Food Find

Purple Peppers- who knew?
Heinen's has a really great selection of locally grown produce right now- I've been taking advantage of it all summer.  Yesterday, I picked up these weird little peppers called 'Purple Peppers'- about half the size of 'normal' green/red peppers, with this strange deep purple, butter yellow color to them.  How'd they taste?  I'll stick with my red and yellow peppers, thankyouverymuch.  They had a little bite to them, but overall lacked taste.  They were like watered down green peppers.  But I grilled them up anyways, and added them to a chicken parm sandwich.  Salted, peppered and grilled, they were okay.  Long story short, I love trying new, weird looking stuff from the grocery, even if it doesn't taste great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment