Tuesday, August 16, 2011

App Review- C25K

As I mentioned before, I joined a gym.  I haven't been regularly excercising in a while, so I decided that I should start off slow and work my way up to more daunting tasks.  I've attempted the Couch to 5K program before, but never with much success- my will power to run a 5k is usually defeated by the Couch.  Long story short, there's an app for that now.  I was looking back into the Couch to 5K program again to get a schedule of runs, when low and behold, they have an app that TELLS you when to run and when to walk.  I know it seems simple, but 4 bucks is worth not having to do math at the treadmill. 

It plays your music in the background; tells you when to run and when to walk; tells you when you're halfway done; if you're running outside- you can get the GPS function for an extra buck and it'll track your distance and speed; and has a handy journal to track your progress.  It's like a personal trainer inside your phone.  I'm currently in week 2 of the 10 week program, and it is going very well. 

From my understanding- there are a few Couch to 5K apps out there; and while I'm sure they all work about the same, this is the one I'm using.  I spent $3.99 overall for the app with the GPS functionality, and it was totally worth it.  It's making me feel like running is something I can actually do, instead of wanting to die every time I think about working out.  So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment