Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Recipe Round Up- Summer Edition

Been awhile since I did one of these- but it's summer and the grill is going strong!  These are a few recipes I've tried out recently and loved:

Smokey Spice Rubbed Salmon with Black Beans and Corn-  This was a winner, all the way.  I was afraid that the rub would be overpowering, but it was perfect.  Very complex flavoring, paired very well with the corn and beans.  I actually saved some of the rub and cooked it with the vegetables.  TallBoy said it would also pair well with rice (he's always craving simple carbs) but I thought it was perfect as is.  But if you have a hungry fiance it might be worth it to just make the rice already.

Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats- Yummy.  Satisfying, low carb, tons of veggies.  My only real complaint was that these took me like, an hour and a half from start to finish. And only 35 of those minutes were baking... so it's kind of labor intensive.  However, it does make a lot, and the leftovers make delicious lunches.   I used ground chicken instead of shredded, but you could use ground turkey, beef, or even just beans.  I also used my own taco mix instead of the spice mixture she uses on the meat.  If you don't mind a little extra prep work, this is a good recipe- hearty yet summery!

French Toast- OK- not diet friendly or really truly summery or anything... but this is a GOOD recipe.  Simple, easy, delicious results.  If you want to make a really GOOD breakfast for dinner- make this version.  The orange juice and peel really add a little kick to these while not being overly ORANGE.  Top with maple syrup, and pair with bacon and mimosas.  You're welcome.


I wish I had more summer recipes to post, but we have hardly been home this summer to cook!  When we have, it's been a lot of grilling out, burger, chicken, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment