Friday, March 2, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Another week, another victory!  I'm still fighting the weekends, but seem to be gaining some ground.  Trying to be mindful at every turn is hard, but I guess all it takes is practice.  As you can see from the graph at the left- All of the higher bars are from weekends, and the lower ones are usually weekdays.  So, I'm eating way too much on weekends, and then spending all week working off the damage.  (That 4000 calorie day?  That was at a beer festival that included not only beer, but pizza and burgers.  Most of those calories?  Pizza.  I have a problem.)  In the last few weeks, I've tried to be more consistent with my calories, trying to stay within budget on average for the week, and it's been working.  Hence the weight loss.  Cause guess what?  A 4000 calorie day will ruin your week.  (4000 Calorie week?  Gained 2.2 lbs.  I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence.) 

It's kind of exciting to have this sort of data at my fingertips.  All it does is prove the point that every logical person has ever made about weight loss- it's about eating right and exercising.  When you don't do those things, you gain weight.  When you do, you lose.  It's that simple.  Even if it's not about weight loss- it's about being healthy and mindful of your body.  When you fill your body full of crap, you will feel like crap.  When you fill it with the right amount of lean proteins, vegetables and unrefined carbohydrates, you feel awesome. 

This week: -1.4 lbs
This year: -3.4 lbs
Total: -13.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment